Friday, June 27, 2008

Nana's Visit


This past week we had my mom come and stay with us! We had a great visit and I am so glad that she was able to come. We did A LOT of shopping and we were pretty busy the whole time. We got a new stroller which Sarah Kathryn loves but I think I love it even more. We also went and spent one afternoon shopping for Sarah Kathryn's christening dress. She is being dedicated on September 7th and since we don't have a family dress to pass down we got to buy her a new one. It is absolutely beautiful and my mom and dad were super generous to buy it for her. It will be such a special dress and we plan to keep it in the family for years to come. So, other than doing tons of shopping for Sarah Kathryn we also had to do some bathing suit shopping for me! My parents are taking Thomas, Sarah Kathryn and I to the beach at the end of August so I had to find some new bathing suits since the bikini's don't work anymore! Let me tell you that after having a baby only 3.5 months ago it was not a fun adventure to shop for a bathing suit. In fact, it was rather depressing but in the end I found two suits. I think it was a wake up call for me to start working out and lose the last few baby pounds. We really did not do much else besides going from mall to mall and baby store to baby store but it was all really fun. We did take Sarah Kathryn for some walks around the neighborhood and my mom also weeded our front bed (which was awesome because it needed it badly!!). My mom was able to hold Sarah Kathryn and she got lots of smiles from her...she loves her Nana! Nana even bought her the "Calm Baby" DVD which she loves. I have started allowing her to watch Baby Einstein and now the Calm Baby DVDs and she really enjoys them. I enjoy them as well because it always me to get some house work done. We look forward to seeing Nana again soon and the next visit Papa will be there too. The time in between visits won't be as long this next time because we will see them again at the end of July!! We are heading to Michigan for my cousin's wedding and this will be Sarah Kathryn's first time to fly on a plane...we decided it would be better than driving for 11 hours.

I did not take many pictures while my mom was visiting but here is one.

No comments: