Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Playing Catch up....









So, it has been forever since I sat down to blog! I don't know how people can blog everyday but I sure wish I could. I also envy those who somehow have fabulous daily pictures of their children but that is not me either. I mean do you carry your camera around everywhere you go?? I never take pictures and when I see the kids doing something camera worthy I never have the camera near. Really, to those of you that take tons of pictures and always seem to have your camera handy, give me your tips on what you do to make it happen. With that being said, I have very few pictures of Matthew or Sarah Kathryn so I am going to post what I do have.

We have had an extremely rough past week. We left for the beach last Friday but I never even made it on the beach. We had to cut our trip short and come back on Sunday because Matthew got really sick. Last week SK had the fever virus which she caught from school. We did not think that Matthew would get it but he did. Friday night when we got to the beach he felt warm to me so I took his temp, which I had been taking all week long. He had a 101.8 fever and I was scared to death. We immediately took him the ER and had him evaluated. The poor little guy had to undergo several blood tests, a spinal tap, a catheter, etc. Everything checked out fine but since he is so young they had to rule out anything and everything. They sent us home late that evening but we were back the next morning. His temp had gone up to 102 so we went back and they ended up putting an IV in his scalp and drawing more blood and pumping him with fluids. We had to then start giving him Tylenol which controlled the fever and made him much more comfy. It was a miserable trip to the beach but Sarah Kathryn did make it to the beach with her dad twice. She loves the water and the sand and I wish she could have stayed longer to enjoy the beach more with her grandparents. Matthew is finally fever free and back to being his normal self.

I have been trying my hardest to keep Sarah Kathryn busy during the day but I find it hard most days. Thomas bought a family size "baby" pool for SK to play in this summer. So, a couple of weekends ago Sarah Kathryn had Emily Kathryn over to play in her pool. They had fun but of course lost interest must faster than we were hoping. The pool is being cleaned at the moment but this weekend we plan to spend lots of time in it. Like most kids, Sarah Kathryn would spend her entire day outside. She constantly is asking to go outside but I am not sure what we can do out there for hours at a time, especially with it being so hot! We finally broke down and bought a double stroller so today for the first time I took the kids for a ride in it. SK loves it, as she would say " I Like it"! Maybe her liking to actually ride in this stroller will motivate me to walk off the rest of my baby weight.

Matthew is still a fairly easy baby. He is now spending more hours awake then before but is content most of the time. He has started to want to be held much more but that may be because he has not been feeling well...I hope! I love holding him but I can't help SK or get anything else down with him in my arms all day. He is eating like a champ and also gaining weight like a champ too. When we took him to the doc this past Monday he weighed 11lbs 11oz, big boy! I always worry whether or not he is getting enough milk but I am pretty sure he is. I am still nursing but I am doing several bottles (with breast milk) as well during the day. It has been easier for me to bottle feed him when SK is around so she does not have to wait so long and then I nurse him at night and first thing in the morning. He does well with both and I feel very lucky in that respect. He is smiling up a storm and we love it. Sarah Kathryn thinks it is so great that Matthew smiles at her...she constantly tells me that "Matthew is smiling". She loves to "pat" his head and then tell me "gentle mommy, gentle". I think it is hilarious when I am pumping that she will come up to me and say "one, two milk mommy...Matthew's milk" I love it, so cute. Matthew is still not a fan of the swing. I was hoping that he would love the swing, it is bizarre to me that neither of my children like the swing.

Again, the pictures are in no particular order and in fact, I am not sure how many weeks Matthew is in the pictures. Enjoy and sorry for all the long posts, just trying to catch up.
**2 new posts below**

2 comments:

Courtney, Mike and Grayson Anne said...

awww- loved catching up with what is going on with you guys! Great pics of everyone- although where were you? :) KIDDING- same place I always am, behind the camera! When everyone is feeling better we really do want to come over for a play date!! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Ashley Matteo said...

I am so sorry the beach trip didnt turn out well but im so thankful that matthew is doing better, im sure that was really scary. thats awesome that you got a double stroller and that Sarah Kathryn likes to ride in it.