Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stacey's Stitches



So, my SWEET husband got me an embroidery/monogramming machine! I have been wanting a machine for awhile now and I finally got one! So, the last few nights I have been trying to learn how to use it. My friend Jennifer has the same machine so she has been super sweet to teach me the ropes on how to be a monogramming perfectionist. I have taken a few pictures of my first projects. I am learning fast and I am excited to monogram things for all of my friends! I love to have Sarah Kathryn's name and initials on everything so don't be alarmed if you see everything she owns personalized now. I am trying different things each night and I finding out the "tricks" of making things work and I am also learning what does not work. I am so glad that I have a new hobby and let me tell you, it is rather addicting. It is all that I have thought about the last few days since I started...what can I monogram next ?!(my whole house will have our initials on it pretty soon!). Let me know if I can help you out in anyway. Happy Monogramming!!!

6 comments:

Shireen said...

Stacey!
That is SO great!
Ooooooh, you know SO many girls are gonna come runnin'! I will! :)
I'm proud of you! What a great hobby! Gosh, I wish I could interested in sewing...I was thinking that just yesterday!! Oh, well, we'll see what other 'maternal instincts' the Lord may give me as I become a mommy, too!
Way to go, Stace! ;)

Ashley Matteo said...

WOW! those look great. i am so impressed that you learned that in just a couple of days. i will definitley be getting you to monogram some stuff for nathan when he comes out, but i will for sure pay you. this could be a good way for you to make some extra money so you can go shopping! i am also so amazed because i am so not creative in that realm. dan even has to sew on my buttons for me that fall off. maybe you can give me some tips sometime on basic sewing.
ashley

elizabeth said...

I am SUPER impressed.
I will be placing orders with you for sure.
Here is that website I was telling you about:

whimsicalwearsembroideryblanks.com

I bet you can order some great stuff for cheap to monogram!

Hope SK is doing well.

Shannon and Clint said...

I am so jealous that you have this and will be placing orders too :) All your things are too cute! So fun with little girls and I can't wait!!!

susan said...

I love what you have made so far. Sarah Kathryn is going to look so cute! Let me know if you start "taking orders" - I love monogrammed anything!

Melissa said...

i wholeheartedly agree with all the above comments. i think i have one thing that is monogrammed. i have been lazy about getting thing made for her, so i'll look you up when we get ready for some initials!

congrats, and ps. i am super jealous :) i'd love to have a monogram machine.